Your data in safe hands
On this page you will find all the information on the data we gather when you use our website. We will also explain to you why we gather this data and what your rights are as a user.
Mepal takes great care to keep the personal information you give us confidential. We use your data to process your order as quickly and efficiently as possible and to, if you have chosen this option, keep you up to date with special offers and news from Mepal. We will not sell or spread your data to third parties and it will solely be available to third parties who are involved with carrying out your order, e.g. our transporters.
What kind of data do we collect
When you place an order with us, fill in the contact form or sign up for our newsletter, we will collect some data from you. Your data will be stored on a secure server and sent via a safe connection (SSL).
Personal data that we could possibly process:
- Your first- and surname
- Your addressdetails
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Date of birth
- Location details
- Information on your activity on our website
- Other personal data you share in your correspondence and / or phone conversations
When you send us an email or any other kind of message we can save these messages. When you take take advantage of a special offer or participate in a quiz we will only use your data to carry out that action, inform you about who the winner is and to measure the response on our marketing activities.
What is the purpose of collecting your data
Below you will be able to read about the purposes of the information you have provided us. We will not use the information for other purposes, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
- To contact you via email or phone regarding services you have used or products you have bought.
- To be able to deliver your order.
- To be able to inform you via email about the progress of your order.
- To give you additional information about a product you have bought from us. If you choose to sign out for this, you can do so by using the link at the bottom of the email.
- So that we can send you newsletters for which you have signed up. You can sign off for this any time you wish in the link at the bottom of the email.
- To gain more insight about how our website is being used. We will only do so with your permission.
Insight into your data
When you want to gain insight into the personal data that Mepal has registered about you, or when you want to alter data, delete or protect it, you can always contact Mepal’s customer services email@example.com We will let you know as soon as possible, at the latest within 4 weeks, which personal data we have processed about you and whether we are able to delete, alter or protect what you have requested.
We would like to point out that it is possible for you to file a complaint with the Personal data Authority.
Securing your data
We have taken the following measures to secure your personal data:
- All your personal data will be stored in secure servers in the Netherlands.
- All your personal data will be sent via a safe connection, which can be recognised by ‘https’ in the address bar and the little padlock.
- All Mepal’s employees who have access to personal data are trained to handle it with great care.
When signing up for our newsletter we use the data that you have given us, to send you the newsletter. After you have registered you can sign off any time if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the sign off link in the newsletter.
Integration of the Trusted Shops Trustbadge
To be able to show the Trusted Shops quality label, received reviews and the goods offered at Trusted Shops after a placed order, a Trusted Shops Trustbadge has been integrated on this webpage.
After balancing our different interests the legitimate ruling interests for optimal marketing of our products has been protected. The Trustbadge and its advertised services are a product of the TRUSTED SHOPS Gmbh, Subbelrather Str. 15C, 50823 Cologne, Germany. When a Trust badge is requested the web server will automatically store a server-log file in which your IP-address, date and time of your request, amount of data sent and the name of the internet provider (access data) is documented. This access data will not be processed and automatically overwritten up to 7 days after your last visit to the page. Other personal data will only be passed on to Trusted Shops when you have chosen to use Trusted Shops products after you have placed and order or when you are already registered. In which case the contractual agreement between you and Trusted Shops is valid.
Contact details Mepal BV
7241 MB Lochem
7240 AE Lochem
E-mail: email@example.com customer services
The European Commission offers a platform for online dispute settlement, which you can find here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
This platform gives consumers the possibility of settling disputes.